Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Welcome Home ACU-5!!

This homecoming was a very early morning arrival.  A 3am wake up, to arrive on site at 4am.  I am so glad I woke up that early and attended this one.  I got to see the hovercrafts appear out of the black night and dock on the beach, How awesome is that?!  Their estimated arrival was a bit after 5am and they were exactly on time.  I could not believe it!  As many of the homecomings give one time and then its usually hours later that they actually arrive.


This homecoming was reuniting engaged lovebirds, Anna and Ben.  And boy, seeing the excitement on her face when his hovercraft docked and he called her from just feet away.  We had to wait for all of the hovercrafts to arrive and get unloaded, so it was a bit of a wait till the actual meeting.  Luckily by then the sun had risen, making the reuniting photos so much nicer!



The anticipation out in front of the building, unable to see the guys and what they were doing was total torture for all the families.  But finally that white bus pulled up, filled to the brim of the men coming home.



It was a swarm of blue as all the Navy guys unloaded.  I am use to a sea of tan, so it was nice to have a new color :)



I am so thankful that I have the opportunity through Operation Love Reunited to share these amazing moments with these couples and families.  I don't get to do homecomings too often, but I sure do treasure the ones I can document.  



Thank you Ben and Anna for allowing me to be there, and for your sacrifices.  Welcome Home Ben!

K. Lilian Chance Photography is a lifestyle (with a flare for freestyle) Portrait Photographer in the Southern Orange County, CA area (San Clemente, Oceanside, and surrounding areas)





No comments:

Copyright

All images belong to K. Lilian Chance Photography, unless otherwise noted. All rights are reserved. If you would like an image of you or a family member removed, please contact me.